Bowler Takes to the Scottish Hills in November
20 Sep 2018
This year’s Scottish Hill Rally, taking place on 17-18 November, will see the international race-winning Bulldog and Bowler Defender conversions take to the stage, piloted by Bowler customers and supported by Bowler’s factory team.
The event is the second and final round in the Hill Rally Championship, round one being the Welsh Hill Rally in July, and will take place surrounded by the dramatic scenery of the Galloway Hills at Forrest Estate near the beautiful village of St. Johns Town of Dalry within the Scottish Borders.
This year’s event will build on previous success and also offer new exciting elements:
- A number of tracks which haven’t been used for many years
- A completely new stage, never raced before
- Fast graded Cat A routes, with some all weather surfaces along the way including mud, water or rocky surfaces
- 15 additional special stage miles, giving 110 special stage miles in total
- Night stages – this year anticipating three shorter stages after dark
The enlarged service area now allows for up to 60 entries and following the success of the Welsh Hill Rally, applications are closed to ‘all new’ entrants as the maximum was achieved for the Welsh round and therefore the field is already full for the forthcoming and final round.
This exciting event is also set to be broadcast on television (channel TBC) and Bowler looks forward to returning to its racing roots, supporting the UK rally racing scene and Bowler customers in their racing endeavours at this great event.