NEW Bowler Extreme Defender makes public debut at Caffeine & Machine “Honour the Uplifted” evening.
Posted on 1 July 2022
- New Extreme specification Defender conversion to be offered by Belper-based off-road performance experts Bowler
- New model from the original creators of this style of Defender
- Conversions available on 90, 110 or 130 platforms using either customer-owned or Bowler-sourced donor
- Limited build-slots available each year
Bowler, the UK’s foremost performance Land Rover Defender experts, will showcase the new Bowler Extreme conversion at Caffeine and Machine this evening, Wednesday 29th June. The conversion showcases the knowledge and expertise Bowler has gained from decades of off-road competition, and joins the existing Bowler Fast Road Defender conversion.
Most noticeable is the Bowler Extreme’s stance, a combination of massive 35-inch BFGoodrich tyres with bead-lock performance alloys and bespoke front and rear suspension providing a 2 inch lift all round. The tyres are housed by Bowler’s new extended wheel arch kit. The front bumper is replaced with a lightweight Bowler bumper and finished with Bowler recovery points. An LED high-performance light package finishes the front end makeover. An additional Lazer lights spotlight package can be added at the customer’s request.
External protection is added in the form of an external rollcage and rockslider steps. The classic Bowler sill protectors give the signature finish. The exterior is finished with upgraded hinges, LED rear lights and a Bowler rear step kit. The passenger cabin receives the same attention to detail and features a bespoke leather/performance fabric material makeover. Both external paint and internal leather can be specified by the customer. Upgraded audio equipment, Bowler gear levers and a Momo steering wheel finish the interior.
The Bowler Extreme also features the company’s signature Fast Road conversion, providing an increase in both torque and horsepower (175hp/450Nm) to match the aggressive stance of the car. The system uses a modified ECU and race intercooler. Braking is also improved with the addition of a Bowler big brake kit, utilising 4 piston calipers developed in partnership with Alcon and larger discs (334mm front, 297mm rear). The standard ABS and Traction Control systems are unaffected.
The Bowler Extreme is available on a commission-only basis, with limited build slots available each calendar year. The Bowler demonstration car is based on a 110 dual cab pickup, with conversions available on 90, 110 and 130 donors. The car will be built alongside Bowler’s legendary Bulldog at the company’s Belper workshop. Bowler is able to source a donor vehicle or utilise a car already owned by the commissioning customer. Price for conversion of a customer-owned car will be dependent on model year and condition.
VEHICLE SPECIFICATION AT A GLANCE
- Stage 2 Engine Package (including remap, intercooler and centre box delete piece)
- Fast Road Suspension Kit
- Bowler Big Brake package
- Deep offset 16” steel wheels with 35” tyres
- Bowler Bulldog wheel arch kit
- Bowler Lightweight 110 Side Rails, Bowler Lightweight Road Bumper
- Bowler Lightweight Steering Guard, Bowler Lightweight Rear Step
- Bowler bonnet vents
- Leather MOMO Steering Wheel, Recaro Seats, Bowler black gearshifters
- Bespoke interior retrim with body colour contrast leather trim and alcantara headlining
- Double din infotainment unit with sat nav and DAB
- Soundproofing and carpets throughout
- X4 roof mounted sentinel Lazer lamps, x2 rear mounted utility lights
- Stainless steel bolt kit
- Full safety devices roll cage with additional roof rack system
- Uprated LED lighting all around
- Bowler signature headlight surrounds with additional DRLs
- Billet Aluminium accessories, hinges, handles and vents
For more information, please contact Bowler at email@example.com
Press and media enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org