Terms & Conditions
PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is important that you read the terms and conditions on this page (the “Purchase Terms and Conditions“) and understand them. They apply to all orders you place for purchases to be made on our websites (the “Sites“, our “Site“) and form the basis of all contracts made between you and us as a result of those orders.
IN PARTICULAR, YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO THE SECTIONS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL (SEE BELOW).
By placing an order on our Site, you agree to be bound by these Purchase Terms and Conditions and you also agree that they will form the basis of the contract for any purchases you make from our Site. The contract is formed when we dispatch the goods you have ordered and not before. If you do not wish to accept the Purchase Terms and Conditions or if you are unsure as to the meaning of any part of them, then please do not place any orders on the Sites.
We may occasionally update these Purchase Terms and Conditions, for example to comply with changes in the law or to take account of new ordering processes, goods or services that we may offer. You should read the latest version of the Purchase Terms and Conditions on the Sites whenever you place an order, in order to ensure you are happy with the current Purchase Terms and Conditions at the time you place your order. These Purchase Terms and Conditions were last updated in April 2022.
We advise you to keep a copy of these Purchase Terms and Conditions and your order details for your future reference. We have tried to make these Purchase Terms and Conditions “printer friendly” and recommend that you print them from our website when placing your order.
Please note that your use of our Sites generally are subject to the following documents:
Our main trading address is Bowler Motors Ltd, Leonard House, Queen Street, Belper, Derbyshire. DE56 1NR, United Kingdom.
Our VAT number is GB242 142 644
If you have any questions about these Purchase Terms and Conditions or any other customer service enquiries, then please contact us.
WHO CAN PURCHASE FROM US?
To purchase from us you must be over 18.
You do not need to register on the website in order to place an order, as our Sites allow you to make orders using a guest account.
OUR PRODUCTS AND PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Please note the following in relation to the product information provided on the Sites:
- Product dimensions supplied are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products. Products shown may not be actual size.
- We cannot guarantee that your computer’s display will accurately reflect the colour of the products you order and, therefore, those products may vary slightly in colour from the images on the Sites.
- The right is reserved to change the specifications, colours and prices of the products illustrated and described in our website at any time.
- Our product offerings may vary from market to market and are subject to change without notice.
If you have any doubts about the colour, size or any other specification of the products you wish to order, we recommend you contact our customer services department, using the details given above in the “Our Details” section prior to placing an order on the Website.
HOW TO ORDER
If you wish to order something from the Site, you can do so by selecting the quantity you wish to purchase and then adding it to your ‘shopping basket’.
At the ‘shopping basket’ page you will have the opportunity to review estimated delivery and apply any valid discount code you may have. You will then proceed through the checkout process (either using the guest checkout or by logging into the Site), first entering delivery information, then proceeding to secure payment. Here there is the opportunity to review and amend billing address and add payment details as well as reviewing the order summary. You will also be asked to confirm agreement to these Purchase Terms and Conditions:
You should check that all the details are correct. If it is not correct, you can step back through the checkout process and correct any mistakes before confirming and submitting your order to us.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your order is correct before submitting it to us. If you have any problems with your order, please contact our customer services department, using the details given in the “Contact Us” section.
To place your order you must click the “Place Order” button on the checkout page. You will be directed to a secure payment page operated by our provider of on-line payment facilities where you may have to go through a transaction confirmation process with the issuer of the card that you are using to pay us.
Please note, it is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for this. Once you have entered your payment information and your payment has been confirmed, you will then be directed to an Order Acknowledgement screen on our Site displaying the details of your order.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of part information on the site, all orders are subject to availability of items requested. If we are unable to accept and fulfill your order for any reason you will be notified by our customer service team.
The prices indicated on our Sites include all taxes including VAT, which may be payable in respect of the goods ordered, unless otherwise stated.
However, if you have ordered goods for delivery outside of the UK, you may be liable to pay import duties or other taxes, and VAT applicable in your own country. You are responsible for paying those charges and we would recommend that you contact your local customs office for further information.
Prices exclude delivery costs, which will be automatically added to the total amount due once you have selected your chosen delivery method – see the “Delivery” section below.
All payments must be made at the time of placing the order using the payment facilities on the Site.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the payment details you provide are correct and complete. We do not have to supply goods to you if the details you submit when making your order are incorrect or incomplete, and we are unable to take payment as a result.
No payment will be treated as made until we have received it in cleared funds, and we will not dispatch the goods until we receive payment in full.
If we are unable to accept your order for any reason, then we will refund any money paid by you in respect of that order. If we have not yet taken payment from your debit/credit card, then we will not do so.
OWNERSHIP OF GOODS
You own the goods once we have received payment in full for them and they have been delivered to you.
Global tracked delivery
Deliveries not available to the following locations:
Iran, Syria, Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Crimea region of Ukraine.
Shipping rates are subject to change without notice.
The Site will calculate shipping costs based on weight and volume up to a limit of 70 kilograms after which you will need to contact our customer service teams to discuss shipping options.
All deliveries subject to item weight, volume, hazardous status, packaging and market applicability. All checkout quoted shipping costs are subject to change before items are dispatched. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of shipping costs, it may be necessary to revise costs before items are dispatched, should this be the case we will contact you with the revised costs.
If we are unable to accept and fulfill your order for any reason you will be notified by our customer service team. We cannot guarantee delivery dates and are not responsible for delays caused by events beyond our reasonable control, such as poor weather conditions or labour disputes at the delivery service providers that we use. In the unusual event that we are unable to deliver your order within thirty days of the date of your order, we will let you know this. At that point you will have the option to cancel your order or to agree to continue with it, and we will then dispatch the item if and when it becomes available.
If you have not received the goods by their expected date for arrival then please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have ordered multiple items, we may deliver the goods in several instalments but will not make extra delivery charges for this.
Delivery will be complete once we have delivered the goods in question to the address you gave us (or any alternative address that you have agreed that we may leave the goods at). If no-one is available at the address to take delivery we will leave you a note to this effect, in which case you should contact us to re-arrange delivery. If you fail to contact us to re-arrange delivery with the period specified by us or fail to take delivery on the re-arranged date then the products may be returned to our warehouses. If that happens then we reserve the right to charge you for the additional costs that we may incur as a result and to cancel your order.
The goods become your responsibility once delivery has been completed.
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country to which you ask us to deliver goods. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such laws or regulations.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
For further information about your legal rights and how they may be affected by these Purchase Terms and Conditions, including this section on our liability to you, we advise you to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or visit the Trading Standards website at www.tradingstandards.uk.
Subject to the caveat at the end of this section, we are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a foreseeable result of us breaching these Purchase Terms and Conditions, or our negligence. A loss is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of us breaching these Purchase Terms and Conditions, or if you and we contemplated those losses at the time the contract between you and us was formed. We are not liable to you for any losses which were not foreseeable.
We are not liable to you for losses which you suffer due to any event beyond our reasonable control. If such an event takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a contract with you:
- we will let you know as soon as we reasonably can; and
- our obligations will be suspended, and the time in which we have to perform those obligations will be extended for the duration of the relevant event. If the event affects our ability to deliver goods to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you once the event is over.
We will not be liable to you for any business losses that you may incur, including but not limited to lost profits, loss of business, loss of business opportunity or business interruption.
However, nothing in these Purchase Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any other liability that may not be limited or excluded under applicable law.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
You have the right to cancel orders within 30 days after the products have been delivered to you beginning on the day after you received the products and a right to receive a refund from us. This right to cancel is in addition to your right to return defective or damaged goods set out below in the “Damaged or Defective Goods” section, and your other legal rights. For details of those legal rights, please contact Citizens Advice Bureau or visit the Trading Standards website.
Please note that this right to cancel does not apply to orders for personalised, made to measure, custom made or perishable goods.
Your right to cancel the contract begins as soon as the contract is formed. As explained above, the contract is formed when we accept your order by dispatching the goods to you. Once you have received the goods, your right to cancel lasts until 30 days after you have received them beginning on the day after you received the goods.
Until the goods are dispatched the order may not be accepted by Bowler Motors Ltd, or may be cancelled by you
If you wish to cancel your order, please contact us using the customer service details set out in the “Our Details” section above, stating your order reference number or follow the instructions in the “Request a Return” section.
If you choose to cancel:
- You will receive a refund of the price you have paid for your goods excluding standard delivery charges, as soon as possible and, in any case within 14 days after the day on which we receive the product back. All refunds will be made by the payment method which you originally used to purchase the goods.
- You must return the goods to us promptly and in any event within fourteen (14) days of cancellation.
- You must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA), this can be requested via your account or by using this form to view your order: “Request a Return”.
- Returns collections will be arranged by Bowler Motors Ltd – do not return any items via any other method – the return will not be accepted.
- You must take reasonable care of the goods and not use them. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right to claim the cost of any deterioration, up to the price of the product, from the refund to which you are otherwise entitled.
- Where possible please return goods in their original packing. This will save you having to buy alternative packaging in which to return the goods and reduces the risk of damage when they are returned. You will be responsible for any damage caused by you failing to pack the goods properly for their return.
- You must also return any free gift or promotional product received by you as a result of that order. We may charge you a reasonable amount for the free gift or promotional product if you do not return it.
If you cancel part of an order then we will recalculate the original order price and adjust the delivery charges payable by you for the retained items accordingly. This may result in a payment being required if, for example, the revised order price is now lower than that required to obtain free or reduced rate delivery charges.
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE GOODS
You should inspect the goods when you receive them for defects or damage. If you find that they are already defective or damaged, you should tell us as soon as possible using the contact details given above in the “Our Details” section. We may offer a repair, exchange or refund, as appropriate, in accordance with your legal rights.
As a consumer you have certain legal rights in relation to the quality of the products that we supply. For details of those legal rights, please contact Citizens Advice Bureau or visit the Trading Standards website at www.tradingstandards.gov.uk.
In addition to these rights, we provide the following warranty with the products that you order from the Site.
We at Bowler Motors Limited want you to be completely happy with your product. It has been designed and manufactured with as much care, attention to detail and quality control, as our vehicles.
If there is any defect in any product that you purchase from the Site and you notify us of this within 12 months or 24 months (depending on location, see below*1 ) after the date of delivery in accordance with this warranty section then we will at our option repair or replace the goods or, if neither is possible within a reasonable time, we will refund the price paid by you.
- *124 months in UK and the following European countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus (South), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Sweden
- *112 months other countries
Your warranty may be transferred to another person in a one-time transfer. This transfer is to allow the purchase of gifts where the ownership of the product is passed from one person to another.
This warranty does not apply to and does not cover damage or defects arising from:
- fair wear and tear.
- inappropriate storage or use of the product or anything external to the product itself.
- accident, misuse, neglect, or damage by you or any third party.
- use for purposes or in a manner other than as recommended or intended by the manufacturer or failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- damage caused by failure to follow the manufacturer’s care instructions or from use of inappropriate cleaning products or those of a corrosive and/or abrasive nature.
To make a warranty claim you should contact us with:
- Supply details of the warranty claim which include your personal details.
- Follow our product return instructions.
- Include details of when and where you bought the product and a copy of your receipt or online order number.
- You may be given a returns identification number, please include this number within the package and take not of this for your reference.
- Retain the proof of postage/carrier return.
We may not necessarily keep a copy of these Purchase Terms and Conditions with your order. We advise you to print a copy of them so you can refer to them in the future.
All communications between us and all contracts formed between us will be made and conducted in the English language.
Any notices we send to you will be sent to the most recent e-mail address or postal address provided to us by you.
Neither you nor us intend that these Purchase Terms and Conditions other than the 12/24 month warranty as set out in that section, or any contract formed between you and us for the supply of goods or services by us to you will be enforceable by anyone except you and us.
Each element of these Purchase Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them (or any part of them) are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining terms (or part of them) will remain in full force and effect.
Nothing in these Purchase Terms and Conditions or our contract gives you any rights in respect of our intellectual property (or that of third parties who grant us rights to use their intellectual property), other than the right to proper use and enjoyment of the goods you have purchased from us.
The laws of England apply to these Purchase Terms and Conditions and our contract.
If any disputes arise between you and us in relation to these Purchase Terms and Conditions and our contract and you want to take court proceedings, then we agree that those proceedings may be brought in the courts of England and Wales. However, either you or us may bring proceedings in any other courts which have jurisdiction under applicable law. You may prior to taking court proceedings refer your case to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Your local Citizens Advice Bureau can identify an independent ADR adjudicator or you may refer to the EU Commission’s Platform at ec.europa.eu/odr